Traditionally, intravenous treatments were used in hospitals to treat people who were nutrient-deficient, dehydrated, or unable to take medications orally.
Due to the multiple health benefits of IV therapy, IV drip bars and at-home intravenous treatments have been gaining popularity over the past years.
IV therapy can be successfully used for everything from relieving stress and boosting immunity to making your skin healthier and helping your body get rid of toxins.
Read on to find out why IV therapy may just be the perfect tool to support your health and wellness goals.
The Health Benefits of IV Drip Treatments
IV therapy, where a fluid solution containing electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids is administered through an intravenous drip directly into your bloodstream, is the fastest and most effective way to provide your body with the nutrition it needs.
Intravenous treatments have numerous advantages compared to taking medication and nutritional supplements:
- Fast results. IV therapy completely bypasses the digestive system, allowing the nutrients to directly reach your cells for fast and effective results.
- Bioavailability. Because the ingredients are delivered right into your bloodstream, intravenous infusions guarantee a 100% absorption rate of nutrients.
- Instant rehydration. IV therapy is the most efficient way to provide your body with optimal hydration, necessary for vital organ functions.
- Immediate effect. Within a few hours of your IV therapy, you will start feeling the positive results, including increased energy levels and improved mood.
- Reduced reliance on pills. Receiving IV treatments allows you to decrease the use of dietary supplements that may include artificial and toxic ingredients.
- Short treatment times. You don’t need to spend hours waiting for your treatment to be completed. Most IV therapy sessions typically take between 30 minutes and an hour. After the therapy, there is no required downtime and you can immediately return to your daily activities.
- Customization options. IV therapies are completely customizable to meet your specific health needs. Besides, you can choose among several add-ons for your IV treatments.
- Convenience. Reset IV concierge service allows you to receive therapy wherever you are, whether it is your home, office, hotel room, or gym.
Some of the vitamins and minerals you may receive through IV therapy include:
- Vitamin B-complex. It contains eight vitamins that play an important role in metabolism, blood sugar control, increasing energy levels, as well as migraine prevention and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Vitamin C. This vitamin is essential for bone and skin health, reducing blood pressure levels, and improving immune function.
- Zinc. This essential nutrient contributes to better skin health, healing wounds, and boosting the immune system.
- Magnesium. It supports bone and heart health, facilitates calcium absorption, lowers the risk of diabetes, and reduces anxiety symptoms.
- Glutathione. This antioxidant plays a crucial role in immune function, DNA creation, and regeneration of vitamins C and E.
Because they contain all the nutrients your body requires for an optimal function, IV drip treatments can provide a host of health benefits:
Improved overall wellness
IV therapy can help improve your physical and emotional wellness by giving your body the ideal balance of vitamins and minerals. An intravenous treatment may help you to:
- Combat fatigue
- Boost energy levels
- Reduce the symptoms of migraines
- Decrease anxiety and depression
- Improve mental clarity and cognitive function
- Improve the symptoms of asthma
- Relieve allergy symptoms
- Increase immunity, and
- Accelerate wound healing.
Reset IV wellness packages are specifically designed for immune boost, prenatal care, sexual health support, and relaxation.
Beauty support IV drips consist of special blends of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants like glutathione to help your skin, hair, and nails look radiant and healthy. IV therapy can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, repair UV damage, brighten your skin, and improve blemishes and imperfections.
Our range of beauty packages will provide you exactly what you need to feel beautiful and rejuvenated.
Improves athletic performance
IV treatments are successfully used to enhance athletic performance. The powerful combination of rehydration and essential nutrients including amino acids can help you prepare for a challenging workout, build muscle, and recover after a physical effort.
IV drips have several benefits for athletic performance:
- Providing fast and thorough rehydration
- Maintaining healthy muscle and tissue
- Flushing out free radicals and eliminating toxins
- Boosting endurance, and
- Enabling faster muscle recovery.
Reset IV workout packages will give you the necessary energy to perform at your best, allowing you to feel great before, during, and after your workout.
Recovery from illness
Factors such as stress, lack of sleep, and poor diet can take a toll on your immune system and make you susceptible to illness. IV treatments will boost your immunity by delivering the nutrients your body needs to fight off illness, such as vitamin C, zinc, and vitamin B12. Regular vitamin IV therapy can also help prevent the development of certain chronic conditions, like respiratory illnesses and migraines.
Reset IV offers feeling sick packages for food poisoning, stomach flu, migraines, and cold relief. These specially devised formulas will provide you with everything you need to combat the illness and ensure a faster recovery.
IV therapy for hangover relief is a mixture of saline solution, electrolytes, vitamins, and anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory medications. This unique combination of ingredients can help detoxify and rehydrate the body, while at the same time restoring the nutrients that were lost during drinking.
IV therapy for hangover helps reverse common hangover symptoms, including:
- Stomach pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue and loss of energy.
Our hangover packages can help ease the symptoms of even the worst hangovers. They will hydrate your body and provide essential nutrients to help you start feeling your usual self in no time.
Low levels of nicotinamide the enzyme adenine dinucleotide (NAD) are associated with signs of aging and age-related chronic conditions. NAD IV therapy is an anti-aging solution where pure NAD is delivered directly into the bloodstream and cell tissue to immediately start with the DNA repair.
Reset IV NAD treatments contain special blends of nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants that can slow and even reverse the aging process. They will restore the appearance of your skin, reduce wrinkles, repair damage caused by UV rays, and remove free radicals that contribute to tissue damage. In addition, IV therapy with NAD may improve your brain health and neurological function and enhance your mental clarity.
Now that we have seen the many benefits of IV therapy on your health and wellbeing, let’s have a closer look at the practical aspects of intravenous treatments.
How Long Do the Effects of IV Therapy Last?
The effects of IV therapy usually become noticeable already within 12-24 hours of the infusion, but many people start feeling better immediately after their treatment.
You can expect the effects of your sessions to last anywhere from 8 days to 3 weeks, depending on the condition treated and the type of IV therapy.
How Often Should You Do IV Therapy?
An advantage of IV therapy is that it can be easily tailored to your needs and lifestyle. During the initial consultation, our clinical staff will determine how often you should receive treatments in order to achieve and maintain the results you are looking for.
You can get IV therapy as a one-off treatment whenever you experience a hangover, jetlag, or migraine, or before or after an important event, for example. For chronic health conditions and nutrient deficiencies, you may need to schedule weekly infusion sessions. Once your body’s nutrient levels become stabilized, the frequency of your IV therapy treatment session can be decreased and will usually need only monthly maintenance.
Since there are no major risks involved in intravenous therapy, you can rest reassured that your treatment will be perfectly harmless.
Is IV Therapy Safe?
Intravenous infusions are for the most part very safe. In some cases, IV therapy can have mild side effects such as nausea, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, perspiration, and weakness.
Reset IV physicians will provide a free medical consultation to approve your treatment before you start your IV therapy. They will go over your health history to determine if there are any contraindications and offer recommendations based on the initial assessment and your particular needs.
However, there is always a chance of receiving too much of a specific vitamin or mineral, which can increase the risk of adverse effects. It is essential to let us know if you have allergies to food, medication, or any drip ingredients before receiving an IV treatment. You may be advised against receiving IV therapy if:
- You have a history of kidney disease
- You are at risk of developing kidney stones.
- You have a heart condition or blood pressure issues.
- You have an allergy to any of the IV drip ingredients.
- You are pregnant or nursing.
You should keep in mind that, as is the case with any type of infusion, IV procedures are never completely risk-free. An IV drip creates a direct path into your bloodstream and bypasses the skin, your body’s defense mechanism against bacteria. That’s why in very rare cases, complications such as vein inflammations and infections may occur.
Will the IV therapy hurt?
The needle insertion during your IV therapy session will be fast and virtually painless. Most of our clients report feeling nothing more than a pinch. However, we understand that some people have a lower tolerance for pain and that you may get nervous around needles. The members of our medical team are always ready to address any concerns you might have and answer all the questions before, during, and after the IV treatment.
How well trained is the staff?
Our highly trained medical professionals have extensive experience in administering IV therapy in hospitals and clinics. They are fully licensed in accordance with the strict standards of the three states in which Reset IV operates. To date, our medical team has administered over 15,000 IV treatments.
At Reset IV, our priority is ensuring that you are receiving a treatment that meets the highest safety standards using only top-of-the-line sterile equipment. The treatments we offer follow the protocols used in Emergency Room and Urgent Care Centers across the country. In addition, our nurses have all the necessary supplies readily accessible and are trained to quickly respond in case an allergic reaction occurs.
Reset IV Service Locations
Reset IV has three convenient locations: South Florida, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. We provide on-demand concierge services so that you don’t need to leave your home to enjoy the benefits of the IV treatment. We will be at your door within an hour of booking, depending on availability.
To learn more about our IV therapy services and schedule your appointment, feel free to call Reset IV at 1-833-737-3848 or contact us online and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.