Want to quickly get rid of your hangover? Click here.
If you drank too much and are feeling hungover, it is important that you have a hangover recovery kit ready to recover.
In this article we will discuss:
- The purpose of hangover kits
- What to include inside your hangover kits.
So, what exactly is a hangover kit?
Hangover kits are typically distributed at weddings or other celebratory events where guests or participants will be consuming a lot of alcohol.
They contain a variety of items to help getting over a hangover such as pain relievers, bottles of water, food packets, etc.
What is the purpose of a hangover recovery kit?
Hangover recovery kits can serve multiple purposes.
- Hangover kits can be used as a sign of appreciation. Oftentimes a bride and groom will leave hangover recovery kits at the front desk of the hotel that their guests are staying at for distribution at check in. This is a great way to surprise your guests with a small, yet useful, token of appreciation for not only attending your wedding but possibly traveling to do so.
- Hangover kits can be used as a party favor. You may receive a hangover recovery kit if you are celebrating a milestone birthday or bachelor/bachelorette party. Typically the host creates the kits and distributes to guests attending the event. They are cute, trendy, and again, useful, making a hangover recovery kit a wonderful party favor which everyone will love.
- Hangover recovery kits are used for the actual purpose of helping to rid the symptoms of a hangover. Hangover recovery kits can even be used when you are headed out for a night on the town. The contents do not have to be flashy they just have to work! Grab a gallon sized Ziplock bag and throw some of your go-to cures into it, leaving yourself with the confidence to enjoy your evening, knowing you will have your convenient hangover recovery kit to turn to in the morning.
Now that you’re getting a feel for the purpose of a hangover recovery kit, you may be wondering if your event might be a good fit for distributing them.
Here are some popular events where having a hangover kit can be a great idea:
- Bachelor or bachelorette parties
- Holiday parties
- Birthday celebrations
- Guys or girls’ weekends
- Galas or fundraiser events
- Tailgates or professional sport outings
- Winery tours
While a hangover recovery kit can consist of anything and everything that may help take the edge off, there are certainly some staples that should be included. This list is far from all-encompassing, but should give you a more clear perspective as to what your recipients may be looking for.
What should be in a hangover kit?
- Pain relievers - Common pain relievers such as Aspirin, Tylenol, or Advil, are much needed necessities. Generally speaking, after a night of drinking your body is experiencing a myriad of unpleasant symptoms from a pounding headache to body aches and soreness. The headache is caused by dilated blood vessels from the alcohol consumed the night before while the soreness could be attributed to a multitude of factors surrounding lowered inhibitions and awareness resulting in less scripted body movements.
- Antacids - A booze-filled belly is sure to cause some discomfort the next morning and a great way to combat that is to include an antacid in your hangover recovery kit.
- Toiletries - This is where you can begin to get creative in your hangover recovery kit. Think about what it feels like when you first start to stir after a night of drinking. For many, the desire to just “feel normal” hits hard and fast. Try adding these items to improve your hangover recovery bag:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Face wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Visine eye drops
- Snacks and drinks - Whether diving into the hangover recovery kit for those late night snacks while still intoxicated or saving them for the morning after, either way adding some treats can be beneficial. Two factors that contribute to a hangover include dehydration and drinking on an empty stomach. Providing remedies for these symptom-inducers will help alleviate hangover discomfort.
- Snack ideas - thinks Carbs! Carbs are a great way to fill your stomach and help soak up the alcohol. What is even more is that these types of snacks (crackers, cookies, or chips) come in individual packages making it easy to add them to your hangover recovery kits.
- Drink - Of course, a solid go-to is a bottle of water. Water is generally less expensive than other choices and does just the same work. If you are searching for something a little fancier, consider a sparkling water like the ever-popular La Croix or San Pellegrino. Another option would be a drink with electrolytes like Gatorade or coconut water-although the trick may be finding fun-sized bottles of the coconut water.
- Trinkets or event-specific necessities - When creating a hangover recovery kit, there is a lot of room for personalization. You may want to include fun, gag-gifts if you are building a hangover recovery kit for a bachelor or bachelorette party. If you are developing kits to distribute to wedding guests, you may want to stick with more formalized contents. Regardless of your event, personalizing the kits make for an exciting way to have your day stand out. Here are some suggestions:
- Hair ties
- Gum or mints
- Five-hour energy shots
- Ear plugs
- Eye masks
- Ice packs or cold compresses
- Reusable water bottles, tumblers, or mugs
In addition to hangover kits, you can really set your event apart by investing in IV hydration treatments.
With Reset IV you can do just that.
Our nurses will come to your home, hotel, office and administer a medical-grade IV bag to alleviate the unpleasant side-effects from drinking.
You have the ability to choose from a variety of packages, making sure that you are targeting all the right hangover symptoms.
Don’t hesitate to make a great hangover recovery kit for your next get together, they are fun and contain a lot of great remedies.
Consider taking it up a notch by adding a liquid-gold, sure-fire way to end the agony of a hangover. Having the reassurance of IV therapy to fall back on will give you the confidence to party and celebrate without holding back.
For a list of our coverage areas check out our location list below: