If you have ever been sick in the hospital, chances are you have received IV therapy at some point to get your health back on track faster. IV stands for intravenous and is used to deliver fluids and medications through the veins. This means it’s administered directly into the bloodstream.
Hydrogen Peroxide IV therapy is used to make the immune system stronger so your body can more effectively destroy viruses and bacteria. Hydrogen Peroxide can treat many of the same conditions that man-made antibiotics can but often without the harmful side effects that come with medication.
Benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy
There are numerous benefits of hydrogen peroxide therapy. It allows the body to carry a higher concentration of oxygen, which allows oxygen from the lungs to get to the tissues of the body much faster. This oxygen also doesn’t get stuck or interact with anything on the way, so you can ensure your organs and tissues will get all the oxygen that is bioavailable.
Some other benefits of hydrogen peroxide therapy include:
- Kills unhealthy cells. Unhealthy cells can spread around the body and cause diseases and infections.
- Fights viral infections. This includes flu, colds, and other common infections you might encounter each year.
- Boosts your immune system. Hydrogen peroxide will ensure your immune system is stronger and you will be less likely to get sick in the future.
- Increases oxygen in tissues. When your tissues have enough oxygen, you can live healthier and will find daily activities, like working out, much easier.
- Prevents viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections. Hydrogen peroxide therapy can ensure your body is less susceptible to these infections.
- Removes biological waste and toxins. When your body cannot effectively remove toxins, you will feel weak and sick for much longer.
- Breaks down plaque deposits. Deposits of plaque can cause you to have heart issues or high cholesterol.
- Dissolves mucus to clear the lungs. If you have allergies or a sickness in the lungs, mucus can make it hard to breathe.
New benefits of hydrogen peroxide are also being discovered as scientists are studying it more and learning the place it might have in common routine medicine at some point in the future.
Is IV Hydrogen Peroxide FDA Approved?
As of now, IV Hydrogen Peroxide is not FDA approved. There haven’t been any clinical trials done, so the FDA has not been able to study the benefits and the possible adverse side effects. However, hydrogen peroxide therapy has been around for over 200 years.
Hydrogen peroxide was first discovered in 1818 and then used in the late 1800s to treat scarlet fever, bacterial infections, and tonsillitis. After the end of World War I, it was also used to treat influenza and pneumonia.
While there haven’t been any clinical trials, scientists have still been studying hydrogen peroxide therapy for centuries. In the 1960s, doctors found that the compound helps promote oxidation, which means it can stimulate the immune system with oxygen.
This is part of oxidative therapy when oxygen, ozone gas, and hydrogen peroxide are also used to treat a disease. They have been used to treat cancer, skin diseases, and polio in the past.
Keep in mind that even though hydrogen peroxide is not FDA approved, it has been heavily studied and it is not illegal as a treatment for diseases and conditions. There are some regulations though. For example, when you buy hydrogen peroxide over the counter, the concentration is usually limited between 3% to 9%.
When you go to a clinic or wellness center, the hydrogen peroxide concentrations can be as high as 35%. Remember at this concentration, they should only be administered through an IV from a licensed medical professional. Ingesting it can cause ulcers and other serious stomach issues such as perforation.
Before going anywhere to receive a hydrogen peroxide IV, you need to make sure you know how they work and if it’s the right treatment for you.
How does a Hydrogen Peroxide IV Works?
Since hydrogen peroxide is administered intravenously, the hydrogen peroxide will enter into your veins and then into the bloodstream. As the hydrogen peroxide enters your body, the body will also naturally supply more hydrogen peroxide. This surplus will break down harmful substances.
As the harmful substances are being broken down, the kidney and liver will help to remove the harmful waste from the body by filtering it and then eliminating it.
Now that you know how the hydrogen peroxide IV works, you can look at some of the diseases that wellness centers often use this therapy to treat.
What Diseases Are Helped with Hydrogen Peroxide?
There are many diseases that have been shown to respond well to hydrogen peroxide. Many people seek hydrogen peroxide therapy with the following conditions to help lessen the severity of their symptoms and help them gain their health back quicker:
- Chronic Fatigue. People who suffer from chronic fatigue have found that hydrogen peroxide therapy lessens their fatigue and helps them do their daily activities easier.
- Allergies from the environment. Therapy can help you breathe better and clear your lungs faster.
- Lyme disease. This disease is caused by tick bites and has no cure, but therapy can help people have less severe symptoms.
- Fungal infections. Hydrogen peroxide therapy can clear the infections quicker by increasing your immune system response.
- Herpes. Some people have found that treatments can clear their herpes outbreaks quicker and they are less painful.
- Mononucleosis. This infection can stay in the body for a long time, but hydrogen peroxide therapy can clear it quicker.
- Migraines. Therapy can lessen the severity and cause the pain to go away quicker.
- Lung conditions. Hydrogen peroxide therapy can help conditions such as asthma, COPD, and emphysema.
- Cancer. Hydrogen peroxide therapy can help with the side effects that come from cancer treatments.
In total, there are many diseases that can be helped with hydrogen peroxide IV therapy. The exact degree though will depend on your conditions and how often you receive treatments.